Thursday, April 14, 2011

Scott Joel Gizicki - What's Next

His laughter. It's so incredibly adorable. Unlike any I've heard. It was very charming to me then and still makes me smile today. When I mock it he laughs and tells me to shut up. It's OK because I guffaw like a drunken banshee. We both get embarrassed. It's fun. It sometimes sounds like a child being tickled. It might annoy others but it brings me joy. Even his snoring. God, how many times did I wrap pillows around my head with others? No, his snore is comforting. It's quiet enough and steady enough and predictable. Who needs the sounds of the ocean to fall asleep when you have that? He is so talented. His artwork is astonishing. It absolutely amazes me. He has a great lust for life and although he sometimes frolics instead of walks I'm there to play Devil's Advocate. I just don't want to see such a lively spirit torn but at the same time I'd like to think I help ground him just enough so he's protected. He believes in gnomes and fairies and mermaids. I laugh, but I know a part of me believes too, and he brings it out in me. But not mermaids. I won't believe in mermaids because as legend tells, the old sailors thought manatees were mermaids. Manatees = Mermaids. Despite my adamant disbelief on that mythical creature I still love the way he views life. His sensitivity and honesty blows me away. I've never had it this good. I never once found him unattractive despite his constant (my own exaggeration) preoccupied focus on his body. He is insecure and so am I. So sexy and fragile. So human. So real. He makes me feel so alive. Like no other. Now...Wow...Now is soon going to become a next. What are we going to do? Even while we are both aware of the inevitable I'm discovering more of my love for him. It's so difficult. But it's smart because of the different futures we see. The one subject that was essentially the tipping point in our relationship. So, we take it a day at a time. We've been able to tackle and do everything perfectly and honestly in our relationship. I find it incredible that we can even break up so well. We are almost perfect and I'm not ready for what's next.

Scott Joel Gizicki is just another one of those new Los Angeles residents that acts and enjoys writing as well. After being born and raised in Detroit, he finally made it 3,000 miles to the city he's always wanted to live in this past August. He hopes he can stand out from the crowd; at least a little bit. :)

1 comment: