Tuesday, June 14, 2011

If you can read, you can write.

Hey everybody, I just wanted to say a quick hello. Thanks to anyone who has sent in submissions lately. It's been pretty slow the past couple months and I haven't had the time to encourage people as much as I would like to or come up with brilliant themes every week. Shocking, I know.

The funny thing is, I think we've been gaining more readers, which is totally awesome, except for the fact that we don't have many people writing. There's nothing that readers hate more than not being able to read anything. I was thinking maybe that these new readers could also become writers and then they'd have something to read.

So that's my new plan.

Readers, get writing!

What to write? Well, everyone's written a letter before, am I right? Maybe I am. I hope that this can be a fun exercise, especially since letters don't usually have any word length requirements. It can be personal, impersonal, professional, creepy, silly, whatever you'd like it to be. Letters are always helpful when I want to tell someone something, but don't know how to say the words outloud. These are letters that won't be sent, so it's not as scary, or maybe it's scarier. It can be however you want it to be.

Do you absolutely hate this theme and hate me for coming up with it? Try it out. The point of WWWritest is to get you outside of your comfort zone, to challenge your writing skills, to make you suffer (not really). Done trying? Leave me a comment with ideas on themes you'd like to write about. The other point of WWWritest is to provide an outlet for creativity.

The other other point is to make everyone happy all the time. This one is near impossible.

As always, send your submissions in to: writingwriterwritest@gmail.com and keep telling your friends!

Thanks,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment