Saturday, March 12, 2011

Katie McMahon - Foot and Cereal Eating

Things have seemingly slowed down here at Writing, Writer, Writest, but don't let that fool you! I kind of felt like I was slapping myself in the face this past week. Week after week, I hear people saying, "I'm too busy to write this week," and I want to roll my eyes and tell them just to turn anything in or to stay up late or wake up early and send me a masterpiece!

Then, something happened to me this week: I was too busy to write. I mean, I wrote a few things here and there, like how risky it is to eat an entire box of cereal. I also scribbled some insanity into my journal about things in my life not going my way, but nothing that seemed appropriate or acceptable for the blog. So, here I am, putting my foot in my mouth, and telling you all that I understand if you're busy. I do.

At the same time, I want to challenge us all to write anyway. Maybe you can only write every other week, and that's okay. I'm going to do my best to remind us all and also I'm going to accept that some weeks we'll have one or two posts every single day, while other weeks we may only have a few posts throughout the entire week.

And that's okay! Hooray!

Anyway, we'll start posting submissions for the theme "And the winner is..." tomorrow. Submissions for next week's theme "What the--?" will be due on Friday 3/18 or as soon as you can send them to me at writingwriterwritest@gmail.com.

PLUS, a huge shout out and THANK YOU to Meg Wood for sharing in the editing process with me! Meg, you ROCK!

Thanks everybody,
Katie

1 comment:

  1. I think everyone; from Katie and Meg to all of the writers, at WWW rocks!

    ReplyDelete