Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Luke LaGraff - 'Another Continue? cool.'

'Another Continue? cool.'

The sun is here
It is never late-
The universe is a clock.
Does it have batteries?
Can it change them?
To the multi:
verse of lyrics of spheres?
Made to the beat
we bang out with fear.

If I cave in with thought
and wrestle the ghost
I'll wonder most about the hope
I lost before my heart did.
will be like, "Did the day come?"
"Did I have a son?" -or were my eyes dead then-
-Till the worms poked thru them.

Luckily time has
(And just might always have)
A time for me (and you,
and the never too many generations we flew)
to tell it it HAS GOT to GO!

And by go I mean continue
By go I don't mean get
By go I mean we need you
By go I mean we want you

Look. At me. I'm a dawning mass.
I'm full today. You see me now,
At the horizon, transcending again,
My life as it fell,
Into bright spring


-----------------------


'A Dawning Mass'

With the forward idea of time
I got up to become.
Since
Earth show's no way of backtrack
I woke up with the sun already in my comb.

This was with a history of abuse
of what I did with a comb-
which was nothing.
The cop did not believe me and he
Locked me up for a head half a'shave
and asking a girl her middle name.

In that dawn's sun I was a mess.

In today's light I couldn't see
my past blight's shadow
I although regret almost none of it-
There was a night
There was that one end to the nights.
Which I can not right.

So today a maroon and blue-orange sky
has a welded ball rolling
And inside is me.

It's pinballing dawn, day, and night
Crashing into love, me and some
new friends already on board.

Found out about this orb by my orbit
Around the odd.
A break of the law, too;
Too much irony to include within this here tune.


-----------------------


'The Simple Write'

I had 4 dollars
I had a piece of bread, too.
I hadn't a wallet
And an oven that had no fuse.

I lost the money
I dropped the bread on booze-
But ate it anyway.

I moved. I couldn't spend anymore...
time had arrived.
Then it moved on, luckily w/ me
To America's southwestern shore.

It has it all, now it has me.
What have I been doing?

I got clean, that moon shine
was too clear in Tennessee.

I flopped into the beach
Felt that air the sea brings
Moved into a nice dive
Gettin a job
A job I'll like, that when it rains 'about
I'll still sing!

We have 2 dogs- Chuck D
and another, named Monster.
And it's all good.

Also met a girl
Who swirls delicate jokes
And kisses like the lips of surf.
I kiss her back.
and her lips!

Luke LaGraff is a lover of sandwiches, egg nog, and one of a kind days. He used to forget them, but now has realized he shouldn't; they have more meaning than ever at this point of his life. He enjoys the sun in LA and watches hockey and funny things whenever he can. He listens to people. He's from Tennessee.

2 comments:

  1. "Also met a girl
    Who swirls delicate jokes
    And kisses like the lips of surf."

    Stunning.

    ReplyDelete